Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Photo Club


Last week I visited a photo club I'm looking into joining.  It was a fun experience and I met a group of very nice people.  I was a little intimidated before I went, because my camera is not big and fancy, but the first person I spoke to in the club said that it is more important with a good eye than a good camera.  I think he has a point and as long as I am having fun, who can claim that size matters?

What I also love about this photo club is that they take you to places in the city that I might not have seen otherwise, and it slows me down to notice things around me in a different way.  Last week we met at an old electrical power plant that now has been converted into a museum and a cultural center.  It was a fantastic location for taking pictures, even if the sparse light inside the big halls were a bit challenging.  It made me focus more on details, which I tend to do anyways.

I want to share some of my shots with you and hopefully you will enjoy them.

















1 comment:

  1. Okay I want to put an order in for some of these... what do you charge...no joke! I love the one with the number 12 especially. I can't say what it is that is captivating about it...but it is

    ReplyDelete