Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy New Year

We're well back after 3 weeks of winter in Norway, and I must say Istanbul feels like spring compared to the cold north.  We flew from 12ºF (-11ºC) to 12ºC (53ºF), and it actually takes some time to get used to both.  Going to Norway we had forgotten how to dress for winter (like gators and wooly long johns), and now I have to stop myself from putting on my down jacket and a heavy scarf.  It is still January, so  winter is not yet over, and it is not uncommon for it to snow in Istanbul.  I think the chances are higher that we will get lots of rain, but we have been lucky so far and had plenty of sunny days.

It took me a while to get settled back into the routine after vacation, so it is a little late to post Christmas pictures. I still want to share a few highlights, because I think there are some out there who will enjoy them.

View from my parents house

View from my parents house

View from my parents house

Chopping down the Christmas tree

Going downhill on 40 years old plastic skies

Australian cousin

Then we got more snow







Christmas Eve


A "spark" (translates to "kick" ) from my childhood

"Rattkjelke" ("sled with a steering wheel"))

Afternoon sunset on the island

Sunset in Grimstad





No comments:

Post a Comment