Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pazar

A Pazar is a fun mix between a Farmers Market and TJ Max, and about every district in Istanbul has their own Pazar once a week.  It is held in a local parking lot, and you can buy the most interesting things for a reasonable price.  You'll find the common designer names here, and I was told that they are either fake or fallen off the trucks from the factory.  If you check your closet, I'll bet you will find something that has been made in Turkey.  My favorite stalls are the food stalls where they give out samples of homemade bread and fresh cheese.  Yum!

Not the latest fashion at this stall

I couldn't resist taking a picture of the white, gaudy bedspread.

More bed spreads

Head bands

Cheap mats

Kitchen gadgets

Handmade baby clothes

Belts

Bras

Tights

Wigs

Leather & fur (including the executioner)

Fresh vegetables

Olives

Cheeses

Baked goods (very fresh!)
The woman is making Gözleme.

Gözleme (Turkish pancakes stuffed with potatoes e.g.)

Nuts and dried fruits

Grape leaves and squash

2 comments:

  1. Just want to tell you again how much I LOVE your blog! I'm learning so much about Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to come and go to the market- ooh those olives and baked good are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete